Intensive IELTS exam preparation courses
Looking for IELTS exam preparation courses? Want to pass the IELTS exam? Do it in Poland! You may choose between standard IELTS courses, intensive IELTS courses and IELTS summer courses.
About IELTS exam (International English Language Testing System):
- IELTS exam is accepted by over 9,000 organizations worldwide
- IELTS exam is recognized as a valid true-to-life ability to communicate in English
- IELTS Academic – for those who want to study abroad
- IELTS General Training – for those who want to work abroad
- IELTS exam lasts three hours and consists of four parts: listening comprehension, reading comprehension, writing and speaking
- The IELTS exam takers get points. The highest result is 9 points, which means the exam taker is fluent in English. Most of the institutions such as universities or companies looking for employees acknowledge the result of 7-7.5 points as satisfying.
In Cambridge School of English we know how important it is to be able to travel and gain experience in organizations worldwide. That is why we organize IELTS courses for our students.
Join our multicultural groups and learn with students from Poland, Russia, Ukraine, Spain, Germany, Turkey, Brazil, Saudi Arabia or Vietnam! Pass the IELTS exam with us!
During our IELTS courses we organize short tests and mock exams, our students may check their progress and see what parts they should work on.
We offer the following intensive IELTS exam preparation courses:
- Standard IELTS courses
- Intensive IELTS courses
- Intensive IELTS courses
- IELTS summer courses
About Standard IELTS courses
- Standard IELTS courses consist of 60 lessons per semester
- The lessons are held twice a week, each meeting lasts 90 minutes
- Standard IELTS courses are run by qualified and experienced Polish teachers and Native Speakers
- After each semester we organize an IELTS mock exam to check your progress!
Is your IELTS exam soon? If so, choose intensive IELTS courses!
About Intensive IELTS exam preparation courses
- Intensive IELTS courses are held during the year
- Intensive IELTS courses consist of 48, 64, 96 or even 128 lessons, depending on the intensity
- The lessons are held 3-5 times a week
- Intensive IELTS courses are run by qualified and experienced Polish teachers and Native Speakers
- After the course we organize an IELTS mock exam to check your progress!
Preparation course during summer? Cambridge School of English has something for you!
IELTS summer courses
- IELTS summer courses are intensive
- IELTS summer courses are held in June, July, August and September and may last one, two or three months
- IELTS summer courses consist of 48, 64, 96 or even 128 lessons, depending on the intensity
- The lessons are held 3-5 times a week
- IELTS summer courses are run by qualified and experienced Polish teachers and Native Speakers
Pass the IELTS exam with Cambridge School of English!
IELTS - about the test in a few words
The International English Language Testing System (IELTS) is a test for those who would like to study or work in an English-speaking environment.
There are two modules of IELTS:
• IELTS Academic (for those planning to study);
• IELTS General Training (for those wishing to gain work experience in an English speaking country).
IELTS test is honored by more than 8,000 institutions around the world.
It should be highlighted that many prestigious universities and colleges in Poland consider IELTS to be a basis for dismissal from internal examinations and tests in English. IELTS certificate is also treated as the basis of awarding credits in international student programs such as Erasmus +.
The structure of IELTS
IELTS consists of four parts and includes the following modules:
- Listening comprehension - this part lasts 40 minutes; 30 minutes is spent on answering questions and the remaining time is meant to be spent on transferring answers to the answer sheet. The listening part consists of 40 questions in total.
- Reading comprehension - the candidate is given 40 questions that need to be answered. In this module the candidate has 60 minutes to complete all tasks.
- Writing – this part consists of two tasks which aim to assess one's English writing skills. This section of the exam lasts 60 minutes.
- Speaking - the final part of the IELTS exam consists of three parts. The first part takes about 4-5 minutes. The examiner asks questions about student's private life - place of residence, family life, interests, occupation, studies, plans for the future etc. Questions asked in this part are not too personal since their aim is to check how the candidate’s command of informal language. The second part takes about 3 - 4 minutes. The student speaks for about 2 minutes on a given topic. It is allowed to make notes before answering the question. Once the candidate has finished his speech, the examiner asks one or two questions related to the discussed topic.The third part is about 3-4 minutes long. In this part the candidate answers questions that are more abstract. The language is therefore expected to be more formal.
Speaking test takes place in the form of a 1: 1 meeting. In addition, the conversation is recorded.
During this time, all aspects of the candidate’s proficiency in English are thoroughly analyzed. It should be pointed out that the speaking test may take place within 7 days before or after the written part. Nevertheless, the speaking module is often taken on the same day or in the week preceding the written part.
Both listening and speaking modules are the same for all candidates (IELTS Academic and IELTS General Training). Differences are visible in the reading and writing parts of the test.
How long is IELTS valid?
IELTS results are usually valid for 2 years. Most institutions do not honour results older than 24 months. However, there are exceptions, so it is always worth checking how long the institution we are interested in will honour the certificate.
IELTS results with reference to the CEFR scale (Common European Framework of Reference).
IELTS is recognized by the Council of Europe. The test score is a component of grades obtained on the particular parts. The employed scale ranges from 1 to 9 points, with 1 being the lowest and 9 the highest score.
|Skala wyników IELTS||2.5-3.5||4.0-5.0||5.5-6.5||7.0-8.0||8.5-9.0|
On our IELTS preparation courses all our students will feel confident that in addition to familiarizing themselves with the structure of the IELTS exam they expand their vocabulary, work with a variety of materials - newspaper articles, reviews, novels and short stories, authentic recordings and visual material.
IELTS in Poland - advantages
There is a number of institutions which recognize IELTS and where a given score broadens the candidate horizons in Poland.
IELTS (score 5.0-6.0) is recognized by the Ministry of Education as a certificate of language proficiency. It allows to teach English in kindergartens and in early years learning classes (grades I-III in primary schools).
IELTS (score 6.5 and above) allows to teach English in kindergartens, primary schools, high schools and a number of other educational institutions.
IELTS (score over 6) is recognized by the Office of Civil Service as a confirmation of language qualifications of Polish civil servants.
IELTS (score over 6) is recognized by the Ministry of National Education as a confirmation of the language qualifications of tour guides.
IELTS (score above 6) is equivalent to the exemption from the modern language exam required on doctoral studies.
IELTS Academic Course (IELTS General Training)
IELTS preparation courses at Cambridge School of English are conducted in the following schemes:
Classes take place twice a week and last 90 minutes;
Classes take place once a week and last 180 minutes.
Classes take place twice or three times a week. It is possible to arrange up to 6 lessons in a day.
IELTS preparation courses consist of two semesters. One semester includes 60 lessons each of which lasts 45 minutes. Therefore 120 hours per year are conducted. Courses are run by qualified and experienced native speakers and Polish teachers.
The course price is 1965 PLN per semester (courses run by a native speaker) and 1575 PLN (courses run by a Polish teacher). Groups vary from 2 to 10 participants.
IELTS (IELTS preparation courses) at Cambridge School of English - if you are interested in signing up for the IELTS preparation course, please contact the Cambridge School of English office:
Widok 10 / LU1 Street
phone: 622 30 19 60
phone: 601 920 293
Dates for IELTS in Warsaw:
|28.09.19||IELTS General Training||14.09.19|
|12.10.19||IELTS General Training||28.09.19|
|26.10.19||IELTS General Training||12.10.19|
|07.11.19||IELTS General Training||24.10.19|
|07.12.19||IELTS General Training||23.11.19|
Note: It is recommended to register for the test minimum 5 weeks before the scheduled date of the exam.
If you have any questions about IELTS exam or IELTS courses (standard IELTS courses, Intensive IELTS courses or IELTS summer courses), please contact us
Mobile phone: +48 601 920 293
Kup Online - Kursy IELTS
Check out our FREE TRIAL LESSONS!
(22) 622 30 19